Flying Officer W C J Beeson

Home Forums 630 Squadron Flying Officer W C J Beeson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mmTony Gunby
    Keymaster

Originally posted on 10 May 2013 by Tony Gunby

We have received the following message from Max Lambert in New Zealand who is looking for information about a chap who flew on 630 Squadron:

“Does anyone out there know whether former 630 Sqn bomb aimer, F/O W C J Beeson, is still with us.  Beeson was the sole survivor of ND797, shot down by a night-fighter while raiding Stuttgart the night of 28-29 July 1944. He became a POW. Skipper was NZ F/L George Joblin and he and his crew were on the brink of finishing their tour. Six years ago my Night After Night – NZers in Bomber Command was published here in NZ and I wrote another on NZ fighter pilots two years ago. I’m now working on a third book to cover NZers who flew from Britain in the last year of the war.  I’d very much like to contact Beeson if still alive or family if now dead.

Many thanks – Max Lambert,

Wellington, NZ.”

If you can help Max, you can send him a message via the website, post information on here or contact ‘the Management’ and we will pass on your message.

———-

by k4kittycrew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:31 am

Tony,

I was in constant contact with Max for quite a period of time and managed to assist him with details, along with fellow researcher in New Zealand.
    John

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Father, William Albert Butcher (“Ken”), was the Flight Engineer on the same Crew and was KIA on 29th. July 1944 when I was four months old. I have only recently started looking for information regarding my father, after the passing of my step-father. I would really appreciate any information you may have, especially any photos of the crew, etc. My e mail address is shirleym@live.co.uk should you wish to contact me direct. Hoping for some information. Regards, Shirley Moulsley (nee Butcher)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Shirley I will drop you a quick email in the hope that I may be able to assist with information concerning your father.  We have built a database detailing all of the Ops flown by No. 630 Squadron and who flew in each aircraft on each Op so I can provide this for you.

This link may help you      https://630squadron.wordpress.com/2019/03/15/07-1944-july-1944/

If you make a search of the site (there is a box for that) you will find mention of your father and his crew for every one of their Ops.

Kind regards PeterS

Anonymous
    Inactive

Williamson (known as William) Charles John BEESON, was born 2 Sep 1911 in Amersham area, a former Mill Manager from Cardiff, he died Feb 1996 in Oxford.  His wife Esme pre-deceased him but I believe that there were a son and a daughter.

Hope this helps,

PeterS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.